Your Privacy: Overview
Collection of Your Information
Lorna Jane may collect personal information about you, including at the Stores or through your use of the Sites, the Apps or through your use of the Services, which may include information provided in connection with the following activities:
- Registering or filling in forms on the Sites, the Apps or in the Stores. This includes information you may provide when you request additional information about Lorna JaneÔÇÖs products and services or sign up to receive Lorna JaneÔÇÖs e-mail newsletters or coupons.
- Downloading and using one of our mobile applications.
- Completing a profile or uploading information to the Sites or the Apps.
- Purchasing any product or service from Lorna Jane, whether at a Store or through the Sites or the Apps.
- Providing design or product feedback or making other submissions to Lorna Jane.
- Requesting information or assistance from Lorna Jane. Lorna Jane may also keep a copy of any communications or correspondence you may send to it, including any e-mail communications.
- Participating or responding to consumer survey or requests for consumerÔÇÖs opinions, concerns, and preferences regarding Lorna JaneÔÇÖs products and services.
- Participating in consumer contests, sweepstakes and other promotions.
- Making use of Lorna JaneÔÇÖs free wifi system available in store or at events.
- Applying for a recruitment role through the recruitment portal online or in store.
- Using our Active Living Rewards portal via rewards.activeliving.com.
- Using our events booking system, MindBody Online and Event Bright.
Like many websites, Lorna Jane utilizes ÔÇ£cookiesÔÇØ to maintain a record of your visit to the Sites and your use of the Services. A cookie is a small text file that is transferred by a web server and stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. It can only be read by the server that sent it to you. This information does not identify you personally unless you have otherwise provided Lorna Jane with personal information.
Cookies help Lorna Jane to improve the Sites and Services, and to deliver more personalized service by enabling Lorna Jane to estimate audience size and usage patterns; to store information about your preferences; to speed up your searches and to recognize you when you return to the Sites or use the Services.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you would prefer to prevent your computer from accepting Lorna JaneÔÇÖs cookies, you may follow your Internet browserÔÇÖs steps for doing so. Please note, however, that if you do disable cookies from your browser, you may not be able to access certain sections of the Sites or the Services.
Third Party Analytics and Tracking
Protection of Your Information
Use of Your Personal information
Upon Lorna JaneÔÇÖs collection of your personal information, Lorna Jane may use and disclose such personal information, separately or in combination with pre-existing information, for the following purposes:
- Where you have provided consent, to develop, enhance, market, sell or otherwise provide information, products or services;
- To establish and conduct commercial relationships, including to process purchases or other transactions and to conduct or administer other transactions that you may engage in with Lorna Jane including at the Stores, on or through the Sites or through the Apps or the Services;
- To conduct or administer contests, sweepstakes or other promotions in which you have participated;
- To contact you in relation to your purchases or transactions, and to respond to any communications that you may have had with us;
- To troubleshoot problems with the Sites, Apps and Services;
- To customize your experience or homepage on the Sites;
- To develop and manage Lorna Jane's business, staff and operations;
- To verify your identity and information;
- To maintain and update our records;
- To detect and protect Lorna Jane and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with Lorna JaneÔÇÖs policies and contractual obligations;
- To engage in business transactions, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving Lorna Jane;
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions;
- For any other purpose to which you consent.
Lorna Jane may not be able to do these things without your personal information. For example, we may not be able to communicate with you and respond to your enquiries. Personal information collected by Lorna Jane may be transferred to, stored and processed in the countries listed in Appendix A. While in another jurisdiction for processing, the information may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement, and national security authorities of that jurisdiction. To the extent permitted by law, Lorna Jane will not be responsible under the laws of your country of residence for the conduct of any parties to whom Lorna Jane discloses your personal information outside that country, and you may not be able to seek redress under those laws.
Disclosure of Your Information
Lorna Jane may disclose your personal information to its subsidiaries or affiliates and to third parties whom Lorna Jane hires to provide services on Lorna JaneÔÇÖs behalf, including, but not limited to, support services, website services, delivering promotional materials, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions, and answering customer questions about Lorna JaneÔÇÖs products and services. These subsidiaries, affiliates and third parties may be located overseas. Lorna Jane will only provide those third parties with the personal information that they need to deliver the services to Lorna Jane and/or on Lorna JaneÔÇÖs behalf. Lorna Jane will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes without obtaining prior affirmative consent. In the event that Lorna Jane is involved in a business transaction, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving Lorna Jane, you consent to your personal information and any other information Lorna Jane may have collected being transferred to another party in connection with such transaction. You also consent to Lorna Jane disclosing your personal information to legal, financial, insurance, or other advisors in connection with such business transaction or management of all or part of Lorna JaneÔÇÖs business or operations; as consented to by you from time to time, including to fulfill any other purposes that are identified when the personal information is collected; or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Retention of Your Personal information
The personal information that you provide will be retained by Lorna Jane in accordance with applicable laws. Lorna Jane holds personal information electronically and in hard copy form, both at Lorna Jane premises and with the assistance of service providers. However, Lorna Jane will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information it holds if it is no longer needed for Lorna Jane business purposes.
Choice and Opt-Out Preferences
If, at any time, you prefer not to receive further promotional email communications from Lorna Jane, you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by means of a link provided in every promotional e-mail that is sent to you by Lorna Jane. You also have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by CONTACTING US BY EMAIL.
Access and Correction
Lorna Jane will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up to date. Upon your written request, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, Lorna Jane will give you access to that information. Additionally, if you have any questions or enquiries relating to our privacy practices or procedures, or if you believe that the personal information that Lorna Jane holds about you is not accurate, complete or up to date you may write to the Privacy Officer at the address provided below. If you are able to establish that the information is not accurate, complete or up to date, Lorna Jane will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
Request for Access and Correction, Questions or Comments
Lorna Jane Attention:
Customer Service 4 Ann Siang Hill, Singapore 069786
Email: PRIVACY@LORNA JANE.COM
Lorna Jane takes your privacy concerns seriously. Where you express any concerns that we have interfered with your privacy, we will respond to let you know who will be handling your matter and when you can expect a further response. We may request additional details from you regarding your concerns, and may need to engage or consult with other parties in order to investigate and deal with your issue. We will keep records of your request and any resolution.
Appendix A Personal information collected by Lorna Jane may be transferred to, stored and processed by Lorna Jane and its service providers in countries including:
- Countries in the European Union
- The United Kingdom
- United States
- Hong Kong